Whether you call it a duffle bag, a weekend bag, or a weekender, choosing the right piece of luggage for a short trip isn’t easy. There are A LOT of options out there.
To make finding the right bag easier, I rounded up a list of 12 stylish, durable, and functional weekend bags that range in price from affordable to splurge-worthy. Every month, thousands of people read that article to find the best bag for them — but I wanted to explore one of that list’s most affordable weekend bags a little more: the Work Hard Play Hard Duffle by Owen & Fred.
So I put this bag to the test last weekend during a Los Angeles staycation with my girlfriend at The Charlie, a boutique hotel home to a collection of English cottages, hidden on a quiet street in West Hollywood.
The Charlie is just a few blocks from my house, so for my weekend trip, I just packed up this stylish, durable, and affordable duffle with a few essentials and walked down the street.
Why I Like It:
- Made in America – USA! USA! USA!
- Solid construction and quality – made with a durable, water repellent canvas on the outside and nylon on the inside.
- It’s to the point – no bells and whistles here; just one large interior pocket with a large zippered interior side pocket and two smaller non-zipper pockets. And the leather handle grip and detachable shoulder strap are great too.
- The colors – the duffle comes in a few different colors, but I think the army green option, with its orange zipper and orange nylon interior looks the best.
- It’s just $99 – I challenge you to find a bag for less than $100 that’s this well made and looks this good. Plus, I like that you don’t need to worry to much about scuffing it up like you might with a more expensive bag.
Check Out Owen & Fred’s Work Hard Play Hard Duffle, Photographed At The Charlie
I’ve teamed up with Owen & Fred to give away TWO, brand new Work Hard Play Hard Duffle Bags (TWO winners will be chosen). Entering the giveaway is insanely easy: login to the giveaway widget below using Facebook or your email, then follow Trevor Morrow Travel on Instagram and type in your Instagram username in the field provided (this is how we’ll contact you if you win). THAT’S IT. If you’d like six extra entries into the giveaway, you can choose to follow Trevor Morrow Travel on Twitter (+3 entries) and “Like” Trevor Morrow Travel on Facebook (+3 entries). Good luck!
A big thanks to Owen & Fred for hooking me up with a duffle and providing two more to give away. As always, all opinions are my own (they can’t be bought with duffle bags).
Latest posts by Trevor Morrow (see all)
- IN MY DOPP KIT: 3-IN-1 MUG & MANE LOTION FROM BRÖÖ - September 13, 2017
- WHERE TO STAY, EAT & DRINK IN CALIFORNIA’S SANTA YNEZ VALLEY - August 15, 2017
- ASPEN, COLORADO SUMMER GUIDE (WHAT TO DO + WHERE TO EAT, DRINK & STAY) - August 2, 2017