When I’m not traveling, I spend a lot time doing travel research. I’m constantly on the lookout for extraordinary, unusual, exhilarating and unforgettable places and experiences — all with the sole purpose of being able to tell you about them.
As a travel writer with a focus on travel for dudes (be it trips to take with your buddies or a special lady), in addition to being a 20-something year old man and current best man and groomsman in two upcoming weddings, I’m no stranger to the bachelor party. Over time, I’ve come across some insanely cool places to go and things to do that are perfect for celebrating a friend’s transition into marriage (a.k.a his last night of freedom).
But these days, bachelor parties are more than just one night out on the town, they’re the perfect excuse to gather the best guys you know for a multi-day extravaganza of beer, food, adventure and borderline illegal tomfoolery.
While it’s the company you keep that truly matters, if you and your friend’s happen to have some serious cash on hand, it’s not hard to take a bachelor party to the next level. So with the dream of an unlimited budget in mind, I compiled a list of 10 of the most insanely cool and I-bet-you-never-thought-of-this destination bachelor party ideas on the planet.
The story appears on Details.com (the men’s lifestyle publication owned by Condé Nast) but you can get a brief overview of the list below.
1) The Men’s Escapes at The Ranch at Rock Creek - Philipsburg, Montana
2) Peak Performance Experience at Esperanza – Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
3) Tour the American West by Motorcycle with The Roadery – Nevada and California
4) Scarp Ridge Lodge by Eleven Experience – Crested Butte, Colorado
5) Machine Guns and Roses Package at The Sebastian Vail – Vail, Colorado
6) Elite Winter Escape by The Clear Creek Group – Jackson Hole, Wyoming
7) Cast and Carve Package at Tordrillo Mountain Lodge – Alaska Range, Alaska
8) Helicopter Pub Crawl – New South Wales, Australia
9) North Pole Stag Party – Norway & North Pole
10) License to Wed at Badrutt’s Palace – St. Moritz, Switzerland