Each installment of Fund This Now highlights one awesome travel-related product currently on Kickstarter. If you like what you see, show your support!
When it comes to duffle bags, looks vary drastically. But on the functionality front, most duffle bags are essentialy the same — they offer one large central compartment, and sometimes, a few small interior and exterior pockets.
With that setup, things can get messy.
Now on Kickstarter (they reached their fundraising goal almost immediately), the Classic Duffle features a to-the-point exterior aesthetic, and most importantly, a separate reinforced base compartment perfect for storing shoes, hats, dress shirts or anything else that could get crushed in a traditional duffle’s soft main compartment.
Then there’s the water-resistant nylon exterior, leather handles, microfiber-lined exterior pockets and perfectly placed side access slip pocket (ideally suited for accessing your tablet on the go). All these features culminate to make one good looking and hyper-functional duffle bag perfect for weekend trips.
Why I Like It (Standout Features)
- The reinforced base compartment gives the bag some strength and structure, and brings much needed organization and cleanliness (keep your dirty shoes separate) to chaotic single compartment duffle bags.
- Great pocket placement. Aside from the two exterior side pockets (lined with microfiber — a nice touch), the perfectly placed padded side access slip pocket makes its easy to access items like a tablet, paperwork or a book while the bag is beside you or placed in an overhead bin.
Latest posts by Trevor Morrow (see all)
- GEAR REPORT: FILSON’S SMALL FIELD DUFFLE - March 9, 2017
- WHERE WOULD YOU GO IF YOUR NEXT TRIP WAS YOUR LAST? - February 13, 2017
- HOW TO HAVE A PERFECT WEEKEND IN TEMPE, ARIZONA - February 2, 2017