Vacations don’t have to mean sitting by a pool and drinking frozen cocktails until the sun goes down (although they can). Vacations can be the perfect time to be active, to learn something new, or to improve a skill — like surfing.
Surfing is a great travel activity as you can do it in many places around the world — so gaining some basic skills is a good idea.
To help you gain said skills, and have an incredible vacation along the way, I recently wrote an article for Men’s Health that includes my curated list of 10 of the best hotels with surfing programs out there.
The selections include hotels from Sri Lanka to Southern California, prices to suit every budget, and surf experiences lasting from a few hours to a week.
To get all the info, you should read the full article here. To see more photos and for a basic overview of the surf programs I included, keep scrolling.
1. Gurney’s Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa – Montauk, New York
2. Long Beach Lodge Resort – Tofino, Vancouver Island, British Columbia
3. Kalon Surf – Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica
4. Laguna Beach House – Laguna Beach, California
5. Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa – Maldives
6. Sunshinestories Surf & Yoga Retreat – Ahangama, Sri Lanka
7. Mukul Beach, Golf & Spa – Guacalito de la Isla, Nicaragua
8. Surfhouse – Encinitas, California
9. One & Only Palmilla – San José del Cabo, Mexico
10. Surfers Lodge Peniche – Peniche, Portugal
Latest posts by Trevor Morrow (see all)
- GEAR REPORT: BOARDING PASS NYC’S METRO WAXED BACKPACK (A BACKPACK FOR ADULTS) - January 16, 2018
- THE JOY OF DECEMBER IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA - December 12, 2017
- THE BEST GIFTS FOR TRAVELERS: 2017 GIFT GUIDE FOR TRAVELERS AND EXPLORERS - December 9, 2017